Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I have been very blessed in my life with a loving family, an abundance of friends, and a God whom I depend on daily for guidance and wisdom. I have been married fifty years, that have passed so quickly, to my wonderful husband. We have four beautiful daughters and ten grandchildren. It is my prayer that through this online journal I can pass a few bits of wisdom to my grandchildren and others who might be interested in what I may have to share.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sorry this has taken so long.

I finally took the time to figure out how to blog. I enjoy reading others so much but
time gets away from me and before I realize, I must get some sleep to be ready to care for the 7 girls in our Cottage. Soon after I started ths blog I became a houseparent. I had no experience except for rearing my own children and caring for others in my home for 35 years.

Ihad no idea there was so much paper work involved. My first day I recieved a new girl. Soon after Thanksgiving and the Christmas Holidays were upon us, with 11 parties to attend or host in our Cottage. We were busy to say the least. I have never been so tired.

Things have gotten easier as I have learned the personalities of the girls, they
have learned to respect me, we truly love each other. The girls call us "grandma and grandpa".

My grandchildren enjoy taking their turns spending time with us. The home is located in the hill country on 143 acres of land. When driving back here after shopping, running errands, or attending worship, what a beautiful sight. With cattle grazing on the hillside, viewing a sunrise or sunset. Needless to say I love what I am doing right now.


It is getting late. I will write as often as possible. Thanks to all who have looked to see if I have posted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ann Melton said...

Hoorah! So glad to see you finally got started.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yay, Mom!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Yay Mom! I look forward to reading more posts!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home